Purchasing a new home can be stressful. You have to worry about its location to your work and schools and whether or not the neighborhood is safe for you and your family to reside. One concern that many people do not think about when buying a home is whether or not there is a concern over EMF in the area. If the home you are considering purchasing is located in an area where there is a substation near the house, then it would be in your best interest to check into getting an EMF survey done before making a final decision on purchasing. There are many concerns with living near substations and it shouldn’t be taken lightly. Substation dangers should be taken seriously.
Why It’s Important To Do An EMF Survey When Buying A House Near A Substation
EMF stands for electromagnetic field and it is comprised of two components, a magnetic field and an electric field. The electric field coming from the substation is generally of no concern to residents living nearby because it lacks enough power to be able to penetrate the walls of the substation. The main concern with buying a home near a substation is with the magnetic field component of the EMF. The magnetic field is able to go right through concrete, bricks and even a human body. It cannot be fully shielded and there are many health risks thought to be associated with a low-frequency EMF.
Not all substations are a danger and produce magnetic fields. This is why it is important to have a survey done. A substation’s main purpose is to transform high voltage electricity to lower voltage electricity to be used by consumers. All substations are dangerous to be in if you are not an authorized worker. Some substations run perfectly fine with no threat to people in the surrounding areas. If you are considering buying a home near a substation near the house, an EMF survey can be conducted to see the effects it could have where you are wanting to live.
Top Reasons To Get A EMF Survey When Deciding To Buy A Home Near A Substation
1. The survey will show if the substation does create an EMF anywhere within your property.
2. The EMF survey might find that there are some radio frequency or low-frequency problems that could affect your property.
3. The report could help assess if there are any potential health risks associated with any of the EMF frequencies found coming from the substation near the house.
4. The survey will give you all of the information you need to make a sound decision on whether or not you want to purchase the home and if the substation near the house could have any influence on the value of the property and what you are willing to pay for it.
5. If you do decide to purchase the home, you can save the survey to use if you do decide to resell the property.
How An EMF Measurement Survey Is Conducted
Having an EMF survey done to find if there are any substation dangers in the area of the home you are considering purchasing is important. If you have a survey done, it is important to have it conducted by a professional surveyor. The surveyor will use a digital EMF meter to measure the motion and strength of any EMF frequencies being emitted. The EMF measurement survey will conclude with a customized risk assessment for all areas of the property in which you are considering purchasing and any substation dangers that may be present. Most EMF measurement surveys will include information about the possible health risks associated with the findings as well.